Friday, November 23, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to the site!

My name is Wes, and my hobby is computers.

You might be saying to yourself, "Computers? That's not a hobby! It's a category of general purpose mechanical or digital devices that carry out mathematical and logical operations based upon an external input or a preset and predefined program and/or algorithm!" You know... computers.

And you're right. Computers themselves are not a hobby. Computer programming is a hobby. Building computers is a hobby. Computer modding is a hobby. So on and so forth. I do all of that. So my hobby is computers. Deal with it. I'm into it all.

I'm also cheaper than Chinese toothpaste.

So how do I reconcile the two? Easy. I'm frugal. I build computers on the cheap, and save money over time by planning ahead. I build my own computers, each one designed for a specific purpose, and each one balanced to squeeze as much performance out as possible within the budget.

Head on over to any popular computer forum and you'll encounter hundreds, maybe thousands, of posts asking, "What's the best PC for me?" And the answer is usually the same: "What's your intent and purpose with the PC, and what's your budget?"

After answering hundreds of these posts myself, and finding that I was repeating the same answers over and over, I thought it to be prudent if I consolidated all of it under one blog.

With that, welcome, to Budget PCs!

So head on over to one of the many sections, and get started on your own computer!

- Wes

P.S. Feel free to leave comments or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment